CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Monday 18th May 2020
As you may have read or heard in the news recently, the Government has now eased restrictions on people being able to continue their purchase of a home, as well as allowing the sale of homes to start again, provided that social distancing measures are in place to continue to tackle the COVID-19 outbreak.
We have undertaken a comprehensive review of our operations to ensure that – where appropriate – we can now safely start to re-open our construction sites, offices and marketing suites with stringent measures in place to ensure the wellbeing of our customers, our staff and other visitors.
- As a result, we will be gradually re-opening the sales and marketing suites at our developments on a phased basis, with variable opening times to ensure the safety of our customers and our team. When visiting our developments we would request that customers wear face masks when entering enclosed spaces.
- Initially, we will open only to allow valuations by surveyors or for customers to view a furnished showhome or finished view home by appointment. Surveyors and customers will not enter the sales and marketing suites in these early stages and our properties will be subject to cleaning and ventilation between appointments. PPE will be provided to customers.
- Our team will adhere to strict social distancing guidelines, both with customers and when working in our offices or marketing suites.
If you are in the process of buying a SO Resi home, re-selling or staircasing with SO Resi
We will continue to provide a remote service wherever possible to keep your purchase or sale moving smoothly and in a safe way.
Surveyors and EPC assessors are now able to undertake valuations and assessments at your property with social distancing measures in place, including virtual viewings by potential buyers if you are selling your home.
We advise you to check the status and availability of your required mortgage with your lender, because there have been some delays to mortgage applications in recent weeks.
- If you are buying a new home, find more details here.
- If you are staircasing, find more details here.
- If you are re-selling your home, find more details here.
If you are interested in buying a Newbuild SO Resi home
We will organise a virtual appointment with you in the first instance and we continue to encourage our customers to use the virtual tours of our showhomes and developments on our YouTube channel, where possible. When you believe you have seen the home you would like to buy, please book an appointment for a physical viewing.
You can find more details on our plans for welcoming new customers here.
Thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding during this time. We look forward to seeing you again as soon as possible.