Your Home Demonstration gives you all the information you need for a good start and the future in your new home. Expect helpful tips about enjoying and maintaining your home, and how to make sure your warranties remain valid. You will also receive your Home User Guide.
When will mine take place?
Your home demonstration will be arranged either by our sales team or new homes services team. Your Home Demonstration takes place after exchange and on completion day or just before. This is usually around two weeks before you move in, or as soon as you’ve moved in, and will take place either in your home or in the show home. It may not be possible to arrange a face-to-face appointment at the moment, but there are other arrangements in place.
What to expect?
Your home demonstration will last approximately an hour and will cover:
- Home tour – we will explain all the main features of the home, such as heating systems, security, and more.
- Appliances – we will explain how to use and care for your appliances.
- Communal areas – we will give you a tour and explain access controls as well as who is responsible for different areas.
- Defects – we will check for any defects and agree with you on how to solve any problems.
- Discuss your homeowner responsibilities - we will explain your responsibilities as a homeowner including registering your warranties and servicing/maintenance requirements.
- Ask us questions – feel free to ask us any questions about your home.
At your home demonstration, we will help you check the property and confirm you are happy with the finish. If there are any issues, our team will review these with you.
Receiving a Home User Guide in your handover pack
When moving into your new home you are given a Home User Guide. This explains key features, how to manage and maintain your home, and other general information about your new home. You will receive this at your home demonstration. Your handover pack will also include other key information such as warranty details, registration certificates, and your gas safety certificate.