Ready to buy a property in Sydenham? Call us on 020 8607 0550, we’d love to help you with your home buying journey.
Here’s our guide to the local area.
Sydenham is a large area spread across several different boroughs. It is a vibrant neighbourhood with a range of local amenities, bars and restaurants to choose from. It is well served for green open spaces. Since its incorporation into the Overground network, Sydenham has become well connected to the City and Docklands, as well as being a short hop away from the restaurant and face culture in Crystal Palace. Families with young children are spoilt for choice too, with all types of schools being represented here.
- The monthly Sydenham Market showcases local traders and offers a range of street food and artisanal produce.
- For your everyday needs, there is a large Sainsbury’s store at the Bell Green part of Sydenham, with two smaller Tescos and a Lidl.
- Sydenham Library runs a local service, and there is a large library with many facilities just down the road in Forest Hill.
- The Horniman Museum in Forest Hill is very close by and offers a great collection of exhibits, some of which you can touch, as well as having beautiful gardens and an aquarium.
- The Bridge Leisure Centre in Lower Sydenham has two pools, a gym, an indoor cycle studio and outdoor pitches for several sports, as well as a cafe and soft play area. Or head up to Crystal Palace to the Grape and Grain pub, where Swing Patrol London holds regular dance sessions. And of course there is always the sports centre at Crystal Palace, which has one of only nine Olympic sized pools in the country.
From Sydenham station there are trains to London Bridge that take around 20 minutes and Overground trains to Shoreditch High Street for the City, stopping at Canada Water where commuters change for Canary Wharf.
Sydenham Hill station has trains to Victoria which take 14 minutes and services to Blackfriars which take 20 minutes. Lower Sydenham has trains to Cannon Street (29 minutes) and Charing Cross (28 minutes) that stop at London Bridge. SO Resi Sydenham is located just a stone’s throw from Lower Sydenham station.
View our properties for sale in Sydenham
Written by the SO Resi In-House Team